The East Coast Trip 2023 Getting Ready!
Saturday, March 25th, 2023 to Friday, March 31st, 2023
Important Trip Information
Saturday, March 25th, 2023
- Meet @ CLMS by 3:30 AM (Yes, it’s early!)
- Bus will depart for LAX (JetBlue flight #288) @ 4:00 AM
Packing List Link
- Bring a small bag or backpack that fits under the seat.
- ALL “Luggage” will be checked!
- No “carry-on luggage” will be allowed.
- ONLY one small bag that does NOT go in the overhead bin is allowed by JetBlue.
- Luggage needs to weigh less than 50 pounds. (The airlines charge extra for luggage over 50 pounds.)
- Pack all personal hygiene products in your luggage.
- Please “tag” all your luggage.
What to Bring
- Small bag or backpack to carry items during the day.
- Snacks for the flight. (LAX to Boston is a 5-hr. flight and meals are not included)
- No liquid will be allowed through security. Empty water bottles may be filled once you have cleared security. You may also purchase drinks at the airport after we clear security.
- Water bottles will be provided during the trip.
- Phones are recommended. I will be using my phone to communicate with travelers throughout the trip.
- I ask that all travelers sign up for our group on the Remind app.
- As an additional bit of added security, I will also request that all “iPhone” users share their location with me during the trip.
- Money is not “needed” but there will be opportunities to purchase “snacks” and souvenirs.
- Pre-paid credit cards
- Possibly Apple Pay/Samsung Pay
- Comfortable shoes are HIGHLY recommended.
- Walking up to 10+ miles per day is possible.
- Warm clothing (check weather)
- Umbrellas/plastic rain parkas (check weather)
- *There “MAY” be an opportunity to visit a pool, so you may want to pack a swimsuit.
- Friday, March 31st, 2023
- Depart Washington D.C.
- United Flight #2303
- Arrive San Diego approximately 8:30PM
- Arrive back to CLMS approximately 10:30PM to 11:00PM
(*Note: This is my best guess based on previous trips.) :-)
- Please sign up to receive important information using "Remind" using the link
- I set up a Facebook page for this trip. "CLMS East Coast Trip 2023"
- You can contact Mr. Quinn direct by the Remind app, direct text message, calling or email
Important Information #2
Dear Canyon Lake Middle School Travelers -This is a reminder that the NationsClassroom Travel Forms for Washington, D.C., New York City, & Boston Trip are due March 3, 2023. Please note you will need to have these forms completed before being able to join the group for departure. **These forms are not the same forms as those you may have completed and returned to the school. Please press the link below to fill out the forms.https://waiver.fr/p-RWNJj
Thank you so much for your help with this urgent matter.NationsClassroom Team
This year we will not only be visiting Washington D.C. and New York City, but we are adding Boston. This will be a 7 day/6 night trip, which is one more than any of the previous trips.
- New York
- Washington D.C.
- TWO nights in each city
- All inclusive
- High-end hotels
- Luxury Tour Busses
- Fantastic Tour Guides
- Doctors on Call
- Guards at night located in the halls outside the rooms
- SUPER organized and efficient
- Great food and plenty of it
- Broadway show
- Transportation to and from San Diego Airport
- Afternoon flight (no early wake up!) :-)
Tour ID #: 36162301
- 7 DAYS & 6 Nights
- 2 nights in Boston
- 2 nights in New York City
- 2 nights in Washington D.C.
- Tour ID # 36162301
- Trip is all inclusive. ALL Costs covered *except extra snacks and souvenirs.
- Students get to choose their roommates
- We fly out in the afternoon from San Diego
- We have transportation from here to the airport
- EVERYTHING is included
- Parents are welcome to attend
- Just pay the cost of a student trip
- We have a high-end coach bus the entire time
- Broadway show
- Hotel security stationed outside rooms in the hallways
- 24/7 access to "Doctors on Call"
- We stay in upscale hotels
- Plenty of great food
- Everything is well planned out!
- Top notch tour guides. "DC Dave!"
- * I can not stress enough how important it is to have a trip that is well planned out with great guides!
- TWO nights in NYC (This is a HUGE deal!)
- Tour Cost
$3,369.00 per person quad occupancy (Students Only) *By FAR the most common option
$3,479.00 per person triple occupancy
$3,699.00 per person double occupancy
$4,349.00 per person single occupancy (Adults Only)
- Parents you can sign up for a double occupancy and room with your child if you choose.
- Parents can sign up for a Student Deluxe Plan with Cancel for Any Reason Coverage to protect your investment should you need to cancel. Cost of both plans is $141.00 per person (quad & triple) and
$162.00 per person (double & single).
- Experienced Trip Coordinators
- 26 years teaching experience & almost 27 by next year. :-)
- 14 years as lead coordinator of 6th Grade Science Camp (17 total years)
- 3 additional years as co-coordinator and chaperone of 6th Grade Science Camp
- 5 years as chaperone for 7th grade Catalina Science Camp trip
- 3 years YMCA Girl Scout surf camp chaperone (and husband to troop leader.) :-)
- 1 year as 8th grade East Coast trip chaperone (4 years total)
*** 3 years as East Coast trip Coordinator ***
In addition I also have the help and support of Mr. Katona. I will have to have him write his own bio. :-)
Financial Help. Looking for financial help to pay for the trip. Click Here!
*PLEASE feel free to contact me either via email, text, or phone if you have any questions or concerns about this trip and I will be happy to try and answer them for you.
*NOTE: This is NOT a school or district sponsored trip.