Cougar Connected (Video Production)
Students will be trained in using the CLMS television studio and be responsible for the creation and production of the weekly announcements and the biweekly entertainment show to CLMS classrooms. Students will be trained in broadcast journalism, proper lighting, sound, and filming techniques. Possible positons for the video production class may include but is not limited to videographers, journalists, anchors, reporters/journalists and editors. Throughout the year students will use additional applications, such as iMovie, Finial Cut Pro, and Keynote. As needed and may work on other projects for the CLMS Community. There is much responsibility and independence expected in this class, and as such, those who enroll will be closely monitored.
Course Description: During the year-long course, students will work both independently and in groups to learn the skills involved in producing a school-based “entertainment/news” program. Students will learn pre-production skills including prioritizing segment selection, proper filming techniques, interviewing, the use of still and video cameras, microphones and tripods. Students will learn the components of broadcasting including set, lighting and sound. Students will learn to use video editing software to create broadcasts that will be presented school wide. Students will develop writing and public speaking skills through interviews, advertisements, public service announcements and reporter packages.
Self-motivation and a willingness to work outside of class are critical skills for students in the class.
Students will be actively using the internet to collaborate using Office 365 and Canvas. Our productions will be shown school wide and may also include audiences outside of school. Not all students in the class will choose to be in front of the camera, and that is okay. We will give first name only credit to all students involved in the productions. Last names will not be used in our productions. There may be homework for this class from time to time including research, script writing and filming. Students are expected to use class time wisely and ask for help when they need it.
Thank you for your interest in being part of Cougar Connected for 21-22.
*Below is a list of possible questions you can expect to see during an interview for Cougar Connected. It would be helpful if you prepared answers ahead of time. In addition, it would also be helpful if you Previewed past Cougar Connected episodes
to become more familiar with the show's current format. Here is a link to view past episodes
*Revised: Cougar Connected Interview Possible Questions
1) What is your motivation for being in Cougar Connected?
2) Tells us about any ideas you may have for new segments to help improve Cougar Connected.
3) Tells us what you like most about the current Cougar Connected. Please explain your answer.
4) Please explain any editing experience you may have. *Don't worry if you do not have any experience.
5) If you could choose one job for Cougar Connected, what position would you like to do? Please explain why that would be the best job for you.
6) *You will be given the opportunity to tells us anything else about you at the end of the interview that may not have been covered in the questions asked. (Here is where you can tell us something special about yourself to make yourself stand out. Please use this time)
7) You will also be given the opportunity to ask us any questions you may have.
* Remember to breath and practice your responses. :-)